Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can I maintain my physical fitness while being a truck driver?

I'm getting out of the army to become a truck driver and travel cross-country. I know I'll be sitting on my butt a lot but my question is will I still be able to maintain my physical fitness so I won't get out of shape?Can I maintain my physical fitness while being a truck driver?A quick look around a truck stop will give you a definite NO! I've seen very few truck stops that have any kind of exercise equipment in them. Tons of food is one thing that they all do have in common. The biggest problem is that most of the truck stops make a lot of their money off of the restaurants, and there isn't much else to do but eat. You can do it with activities like jogging, but it takes even more commitment to be successful out on the road than it does at home.Can I maintain my physical fitness while being a truck driver?there is no doubt! most truck stops now-a-days have gym rooms in the driver's lounge. handeling the wheel will keep the upper torso in

pretty good shape, lumping freight will keep up the rest. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment