Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?

I'm frustrated with fitness centers that seem to weasel out of giving me membership and initiation fees over the phone. Instead, I have to go to facility and sit with one of those sales reps who'll try to give me a tour and schmooze me. It's the foot-in-the-door game that doesn't work on me so it wastes my time and the sales rep's energy/effort. Is there a way to get around it, or a way to argue that legally, they have to give me the price quote upon my request?



Thanks in advance!Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?It is a good thing for you to see what your getting, but I agree it is a ploy to strong arm you!



I would find the place you like and name drop about the other gyms. Since it is done on commision, I would wait until the end of the month and at the end of the day so you have an advantage because they need to make quotas.Same for buying a car!



You should ask people what they are paying as they enter and leave the gym to get a feel for the cost. Good luck!Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?
I've never seen a place that required a tour before they'll give you pricing info, but places like bally are total rackets so who knows. there may be different rules around phone calls, but I see ads for gyms all the time that have pricing info, plus the web sites usually give pricing info.Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?They can but it's wrong.Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?
TELL THEM ON THE PHONE THAT YOU WILL NOT COME IN SO EITHER THEY GIVE YOU A PRICE OVER THE PHONE OR NO DICE.Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?Jeez, if you're that broke, just walk a couple miles every day. It doesn't cost a dime, and it's excellent exercise.Can fitness centers require a visit to the facility as the only way to get a price quote for membership fees?
most places love to get you in the door so they can put the SUPER SQUEEZE on you to buy their services. Choose another place to work out.
the point is you are soliciting them unless they send you something, wierd usually if you have nothing to hide, the establishment would redily give any info over the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment