Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do I improve my fitness/strength over the summer holidays so I can be prepared for rugby pre-season?

School holiday's have just started and I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions as to how i could improve my fitness and strength over the summer holidays for when the rugby pre-season starts. I am 14, play in the 2nd row and I have access to a rowing and cycling machine as well as the bleep test, I would appreciate answers using these but also sets of sit ups, press ups and running etc...How do I improve my fitness/strength over the summer holidays so I can be prepared for rugby pre-season?There is a great training program put out by the Concept2 rowing maching makers (I am in no way affiliated). See link in sources. Rowing is a great way to not only get in rugby shape but to maintain fitness during season (especially because it's low impact which is good during season). I would mostly use your rowing machine but offset with cycling for leg strength. The cycling can help build explosive speed. Also, without access to a gym, you should jog at least 25-30 minutes four days a week to build your aerobic endurance. You can do pushups (press ups) four days a week as well. Dan Cottrell had an article about inserting press ups into training sessions for coaches that I've used with success (again, no affiliation). So, I would:

- Rowing machine sessions (follow the guide), 4x week

- Jogging, 4x week

- Press ups, 4x week

- Sit ups, "planks", leg lifts and other core exercises 6x week

- Stretching, 6x weekHow do I improve my fitness/strength over the summer holidays so I can be prepared for rugby pre-season?Do nothing. Eat a lot of junk food. You can be offenseive line man when you get fatter.How do I improve my fitness/strength over the summer holidays so I can be prepared for rugby pre-season?this question has been answered so many times.How do I improve my fitness/strength over the summer holidays so I can be prepared for rugby pre-season?
dude do swimming believe me that will get you in hardcore shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment