Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why does the Navy have the sit and reach in their Physical Fitness Test?

I recently enlisted in the U.S. Navy and am already in excellent physical condition (thanks to tennis, skateboarding, mountain biking, swimming, tai chi, etc.), however, this question still plagues me. Why in the world does the Navy have within their physical fitness regimen the sit and reach? I've been trying to picture a scenario in which a sailor would benefit from successfully completing the sit and reach, but I am simply stumped. If someone could tell me why, I would be most appreciative.Why does the Navy have the sit and reach in their Physical Fitness Test?This is news to me, it must be something new. When I was in boot camp the physical tests were a mile and a/half run, sit-ups, and push-ups, and that was in '02Why does the Navy have the sit and reach in their Physical Fitness Test?You know... even though the media reports a "standoff" with pirates they are actually talking about a "DANCE OFF!!!" Since flexibility is key in dancing they practice the sit and reach all the time so they don't lose.



Since all the cool cats join the Navy we win the majority of the dance off's!!! Pirates usually can't keep their balance on their wobbly little boats!!



Seriously though... it is just to mantain all around fitness. Flexibility is a key thing in many activities anyway.



Because of this Navy SEALs are also good dancers since they won the "standoff" with the 3-4 pirates and the one captain who I can't remember



;)

No comments:

Post a Comment