Monday, January 23, 2012

Would raising a family in Hollywood be a viable option?

Would it be possible to raise a family in Hollywood? I know it can be dangerous, especially after the sun goes down.Would raising a family in Hollywood be a viable option?Sure. Just go down Hollywood Blvd, and you'll see how viable it is with all the bums there.Would raising a family in Hollywood be a viable option?
Hollywood itself? Or greater Los Angeles?

Hollywood as a neighbourhood is pretty rough, not that that excludes it from a viable option, but it's a big consideration. But Los Angeles - while not a place I'd ever live purely because of the climate and the different vibe of a city than I like - is a decent enough place. I grew up in what was then (before Giuliani's big crime crackdown made it "habitable" for the white-bread crowd) a rough part of New York, and it certainly didn't make me any unhappier or happier than I would have been somewhere else. Growing up in the city isn't anything like fearful suburbanites tell each other and like to believe it is. I mean, I never even really understood I lived in a place suburban people thought of as "bad" until I was way older. I never saw it as bad - there were a lot of nice families there and a lot of honest, hardworking people.



Tell ya, I'd rather be raised in Hollywood (or a "bad" part of New York), or lonely in the country, and grow up surrounded by history and character and real people, than grow up in a Wonder Years clone-burb with no community, cookie-cutter people in cookie-cutter houses with cookie-cutter lives and pickled personalities. It's all about how you see it I guess. For some people it wouldn't be a viable option; for others its worth the bad to get the good. Wherever you are, you can make the best of it and make it home.Would raising a family in Hollywood be a viable option?If you have no choice, then you have no choice. Personally I think it is a bad idea, and I would never do it. I am a big city girl and moved into a little bit of a smaller town when I got pregnant. Hollywood has such high standards.. I would never raise a child there.. Nor NYCWould raising a family in Hollywood be a viable option?
Hey, as long as you can afford the high cost of living.Would raising a family in Hollywood be a viable option?Better than raising them in a garbage can.
  • dominoes online
  • jet ski
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment