Friday, January 20, 2012

If I get a Arizona agent will they still help me get jobs in Hollywood?

I'm an aspiring actress and I live in Arizona. Agencies in Hollywood want me to auditions for them, but my parent are extremely hard working and can't drive me and we cat move to L.A yet. So my mom suggested that I get an agent from Arizona. If I do this will those agents help me get jobs in L.A?If I get a Arizona agent will they still help me get jobs in Hollywood?No. An Arizona agent will work the Arizona market. He or she will have nothing to do with Hollywood unless of course a film or TV show comes to the Arizona market and seeks to cast local actors for roles in their production.

Be wary of any out of state agency that is promising you representation or auditions. The reality is that there are so many actors in Los Angeles, legitimate agencies really have no need to call or wait on some out of state actor whose credits would pale in comparison to the average peer professional right here in LA. If it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.If I get a Arizona agent will they still help me get jobs in Hollywood?no, agents only send you on calls local to them, you need to be where they are. agents don't get you jobs, they get you auditions. you get the job through your audition. there is no way for you to make auditions in LA if your in Arizona. an agent in Arizona is going to look for auditions in Arizona. you can't afford to fly to LA every other day for auditions. no agent in LA is going to take you if you can't get out of Arizona. you don't get a lot of notice of when you have an audition. if your not where things are, you won't be able to make the calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment